A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Darkvoice

Report Impaired Or Cancel Insurance Policy

by: Darkvoice on

Just curious if anybody knows any potential pitfalls of reporting an impaired conviction to your insurance company.

Is it best to just cancel the policy and re-insure when the suspension is over? Obviously in both cases premiums will go up drastically, I'm just wondering if there is any additional issues if the insurance company cancels my policy vs. my terminating it myself.

BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

How long is your suspension?

Premiums will go through the roof!

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
Darkvoice

by: Darkvoice on

1 year. Premiums will go through the roof, unfortunately there is no choice in the matter. The insurance contract states that you have to inform them of any material changes to the agreement.

ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

I don't think you can win either way. If you terminate and reapply, one of the questions they ask is any convictions in the last five years?

Try calling around to some insurance brokers and see what they recommend. Make sure they've dealt with this situation before.

Fight Your Ticket!
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

If you do not notify your insurance as you mentioned, will this enable them to say that you are "making false statements of some sort" and flag you for that on top of an impaired flag?? Certainly a double flag is worse than a single?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

You don't really have to notify your insurance company. They will find out on their own anyways.

Your insurance company is gonna kick you off anyways. So you can either wait till they kick you off, or just tell them and get kicked off sooner.

It can take them up to a couple months to kick you off if your lucky. Depends on your insurance company.

I knew a guy whose insurance kicked him off after 3 months.

Post a Reply