A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

junewillis

Insurance Cancelling Policy, Need Advice

by: junewillis on

So I got into a minor rear end collision 5 months ago which is a whole other story, and then 2 months ago I got a speeding ticket (85 in 70) and a ticket for an expired sticker while hauling some firewood in my truck, the officer told me he clocked me at over 100km/h and he'll reduce to 85 if I just pay it. However it was the first time I was driving that vehicle and I did not realize the sticker was expired because it is rarely driven at all.. The officer caught me as I was coming down a steep hill and pulled me right over and I felt too intimidated to question him, even though I was only going around 80 uphill. I was told by the cop that these tickets have no demerit points and no effect on my insurance so I just paid the fines and moved on. 1 month later I get a call from my insurance company telling me they will be cancelling my policy because of these two tickets I was convicted of, my new premium is now double just from a minor speed ticket and an expired sticker. I was told that I could have easily dropped the validation sticker ticket if I plead guilty to the other offense. Now I am trying to appeal both these tickets and I would like to ask for some advice, what are valid reasons to appeal a ticket if it's already been paid? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

You plead guilty and now because of that outcome you want to appeal? Not a chance a justice of the peace will grant an appeal on those grounds.

Sadly your version of the events indicate guilt. You are responsible to ensure you validation is up to date before you drive any vehicle.

Post a Reply