Received Stunt Driving Ticket

nometalgear

Posting Awards

Received Stunt Driving Ticket

Unread post by nometalgear »

Hey guys,

In light of all the motorcycle drama happened last year, I was served stunt driving ticket at my home + 1 week license suspension. I took it to court and the officer didn't come to court twice. so the ticket ended up getting dismissed. However, the 1 week suspension stayed in my record. My driving record is crystal clean. I would like to peruse to clear this week suspension off my record. Any pointers of where should I be looking.

So I contacted the police station and they said they can't help. I contacted service Ontario and they said you should contact police. Any help would be great. I event contacted lawyers but they seem to know little about such a situation, or there maybe no solution for this case.

Please help

Best regards

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

I don't believe these go away.

What you received was an administrative suspension.

It does not require a trial or a conviction. "Well, I have the right to a trial" is usually the first response . Short answer, the courts have decided that driving is a privilege and not a right. That means that administrative suspensions are fine and dandy whether there's a conviction or not.

That being said, they aren't supposed to be used against you. For example, your insurance provider shouldn't be using this admin suspension to determine your rates.

nometalgear

Posting Awards

Unread post by nometalgear »

Thanks for your input,

It seems that there is a missing piece in the justice system that needs to be resolved. this shouldn't be impossible to remove as the judge himself dismissed the case. I thought that will go away from my record the moment the ticket was thrown out