Uk Resident Hit By Stunt Driving Ticket In Ontario

areaseventeen

Uk Resident Hit By Stunt Driving Ticket In Ontario

Unread post by areaseventeen »

My boyfriend got hit doing 180 in a 100, he is 48 and never had a traffic violation of any kind in his life.

He is not a Canadian resident and he carries a UK driving licence. We are planning on buying a car and since he spends about 4 months a year with me in Ontario, he will be included on the insurance (I am only in the process of getting my long overdue G2, so not an appropriate primary driver). Since the conviction was in Ontario and he carries a UK licence is there any record that will show up if he applies for insurance? There is no agreement with the UK that I know of, and he had to get a new licence since they failed to mail his old one to him, which, when he inquired about the location of his license, he was told that it was probably just tossed out and there is no record of what happened to it because he is from out of north america.

long story short

will insurance have access to this conviction?

and just to conclude, he paid the fine.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

areaseventeen wrote:will insurance have access to this conviction?

Possibly. The MTO likely generated an Ontario licence number for your boyfriend to keep track of his initial seven day suspension. I believe they also generate Ontario licence numbers to keep track of convictions for out of Province drivers. So while your boyfriend doesn't physically have an Ontario licence, the MTO will have a record of his suspension/convictions. While the convictions won't show on his UK record, if the insurance company were to perform a check with the MTO, they would see the convictions.