Quick Question. Please Help.

alex3909

Quick Question. Please Help.

Unread post by alex3909 »

I was caught going 79/kmh over one time coming home down the highway when just my luck the one time I speed there is a cop in a speed trap.... The police officer reduced it to 49 because they have seen my car before and I usually don't speed. I fought the ticket because I wanted it reduced even. I filled the ticket with a paralegal one day after my day of getting the ticket, a month and a bit went by and still no mail, email, phone call nothing stating if I got a trial and or my paralegal didn't say anything to be just went ghost while I am dying of worry at home. I give him a ring he answer I asked "Hey whats going on with my case"? He then calls me back 10 minutes later saying. After a review of your file it has appeared you have won on a technicality. This technicality states that I have won based on the cop not filing the ticket before the allowed or correct date it was issued. I haven't heard of this before ever and I can't find any sources online to confirm this statement is true. Can anyone give me some insight whether this is true or not? Thanks.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

The officer didn't file the ticket for whatever reason. It's not exactly a regular occurrence, but it happens.

However, I don't think I would have dumped money into a paralegal here. Not all that necessary for what you wanted.

ShrekTek

Unread post by ShrekTek »

The police officer must file their copy of the ticket (the Certificate of Offence) with the Clerk at the office within 7 days of the ticket being issued.

For whatever reason, they did not file it so therefore the charge is dropped and you win!

You can call the Provinical Offences office and ask for the status of the ticket if you want to confirm it was dropped.

I am not a lawyer and I am not a paralegal and I do not give legal advice.
All statements made are my opinion only.

ShrekTek