mtx

Red Light Ticket In Toronto - 2 Quick Questions Please Help!

by: mtx on

I'm in the wrong. I'm guilty. However I'm frugal, can take a 1/2 day off, and would like to pay $200 instead of the full $325.

1. Does Option 2 (Early Resolution - Meet w/ Prosecutor) guarantee me a reduced fine? Or do I have to choose Option 1 Request for a Trial? Even if I don't live 75KM away, can I choose that option out of convenience or will they actually check the distance between the court and the address??

2. Car is registered under my father's name/address but I am the primary driver. Can I go to court and take care of everything without wasting his time??

Thank you.

mtx

ynotp wrote:Yes early resolution pretty much guarantees you a reduced fine.

You can go to court as your fathers agent and act on his behalf with the appropriate paperwork.

What paperwork would that be, the car's registration/ownership papers?? Do I need his driver's license as well? Basically I was driving the car, so I will pay for it no problem. I don't want to involve him unless I absolutely have to.

Even if I don't live 75KM away, can I choose the teleconference option (out of convenience) or will they actually check the distance between the court and the address??

mtx

jsherk wrote:You should be able to pick the NOT GUILTY option for Trial with Officer present on the back of the ticket and mail it in.

Otherwise you would have to go in person to the appropriate office of whatever municipality issued the ticket.

No option to mail NOT GUILTY, must go in to book trial date....

I work 15 mins away from Scarborough, going downtown to Edward St would require a 1/2 day. WHat a joke the system is.

Post a Reply