Worried About My Cvor Abstract

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Heynow999

Worried About My Cvor Abstract

Unread post by Heynow999 »

18 months ago I got pulled over driving a commercial vehicle and got 4 tickets for vehicle defects. I managed to get them all dropped. I pleaded guilty to a handheld device charge that I got in the same stop.

So I get a new job with an amazing company, that pays really well. Yesterday all the drivers were asked to submit the yearly cvor abstract and personal abstract. I have the handheld device charge on my personal abstract, but it is from 2015 , so it is a minor charge with no points. I'm not too worried about that. But I look at my cvor abstract and all the changes that were dropped show up on it! Holy sh!T. It does say that I wasn't charged with the offenses, even though I was charged and managed to get them dropped, so that's a good thing. But I am quite worried because when you look at both abstracts together I don't think it looks good.

I haven't heard back yet from my boss, but I'm hoping that they will see the cvor for what it is, no convictions, not even charged with the offence.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Yes you were charged with the offences, but they were withdrawn and you were not convicted.

Anyways I would make sure to point that out to the employer that you were not convicted of any of them and the were all withdrawn because they did not evidence to prove them.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
screeech

Unread post by screeech »

Where does it say they were all withdrawn because they didn't have the evidence to prove them?

You don't need to have a conviction to get cvor points...just having a defect is enough...it does not need to have a conviction associated to it, the defect just has to exist.

Heynow999

Unread post by Heynow999 »

Well, take a look.

It says "charged" in one column then there is an "N" beside it. The "N" must stand for "NO"?

Its the first time i have ever seen one of these so any input is appreciated

Attachments
Screenshot_20170203-214855.png
Screenshot_20170203-214855.png (208.06 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
screeech

Unread post by screeech »

That inspection was a level 1, which means it was done by a certified MTO inspector (be they actually MTO or Police) A level 1 is a full inspection where they look at everything from front to back including going under the cmv...During this inspection, the inspector found the 4 defects which they would have noted on the commercial vehicle inspection report (c.v.i.r.) once those defects are recorded, the cvor points for those defects are given...there is nothing that says a charge has to be laid and a conviction registered for cvor points to be given, it is not like your driver's licence.