Canadianguy

Driving While Suspended Novice G2 License

by: Canadianguy on

My history

Driving History

-I was pulled over for speeding (10km over on the highway) but wasn't given a ticket for speeding instead got a ticket for failure to show ownership (wasn't in my car)

-Didn't pay fine license was suspended

-Reinstated my license shortly after

fast forward 1.5 years

-Ticket for speeding (29km over in a 50km zone

-Forgot to pay ticket and my license was suspended again

-Didn't realize it was suspended and got a ticket for driving while suspended 2 weeks after it was suspended

-Plead guilty and got 6 month further suspension and $1300 fine (after taxes)

-My g2 expired shortly before getting the suspension as well

my suspension is nearly up and im just wondering if i have to wait the mandatory year period between getting my g1 and g2? or if i can just do my g1 and get my g2 the same day or whenever i can book the road test.

Im a bit confused about the novice license escalating sanctions. Thanks for your help

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

I believe any claims are 6 years and HTA tickets are 3 years from the date of conviction. If your rates hold steady it would be about a $2000 premium increase per year for 3 years hit but if you factor in the lost discounts you would have gotten it could be significantly more.

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

I believe it does but I would talk to your broker to confirm, they may also find ways to save you a few dollars here and there.

The first minor conviction will not count against you in 18 months so you might save a bit of money, but what is going to crucify you is the driving under suspension conviction it usually means you will be paying around double.

For the recent tickets did you even try to fight them or get them reduced? You should never blindly plead guilty or be found guilty by default because it means you miss out on the opportunity for a lesser charge. In the future, if you already have a conviction on your record and get another ticket for whatever reason I would try and delay the proceedings as long as possible so that convictions drop off your record faster than insurance can spot them.

Canadianguy

When i was pulled over for having my license suspended (apparently their car beeped and notified them of something wrong) they pulled me over in my private parking lot and proceeded to write me two tickets. Not having insurance (my card was expired in my car) although i was up to date and then the driving while suspended.

I saw the prosecutor before court and he waved the ticket for not having insurance after i showed him i was indeed covered during the time of the ticket. I also mentioned to the judge that i couldn't afford the fine because i wasn't working at the time and he literally said oh well sell your car then. My fine is paid in full now and my license is reinstated tomorrow -30th and i sitll have my car

I think thats pretty decent?

im not really sure what else they could have done. I did mention to him i was unaware of being suspended but that made zero difference.

like i said so far my lowest quote has been 350 with a g2 and my high risk history

Also im 30 years old

Canadianguy

I got my g2 license last week and im going for my g license soon. I got a few errors and thought i could ask a few questions here.

"Signalling too early" I've read 100 feet is adequate.. is it ok to brake first before signalling? im thinking thats why she may have marked me for that.

i also got a mark for "late in slowing"

Further reading online to prepare for my g license i've read that you have to be going 100 in the accelerating lane before merging onto the highway. What if there is a semi or just another car in front of you going 80 and you have no more acceleration lane left. What i would normally do is merge at 80 and go into the passing lane and pass the slower driver or just do 100.

Normally i wouldn't care too much but i dont want to be docked any points and have to pay another 86 dollars to take the test over again.

I also got a "turn too wide" on a right turn. Keep in mind there is 2-3 feet of snowbank protruding from the side of the road.. im not sure if she took that into account or not. Either way i passed but just looking for some tips.

Thanks in advance for any help

Post a Reply