A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

george__

Is There A Way To Fight A Medical Suspension?

by: george__ on

I had a seizure while awake for the first time ever at work and was sent to the emergency room. I've been on the same mediation for seizures for a few years but only had seizures just before or after sleeping and haven't had a seizure in over two years.

The emergency room doctor told me that she had to report me to the MTO but without a car I can't get to work because I work in a different city and I work night shifts so busing isn't possible.

Could my family doctor send in a different report or am I automatically banned from driving?

The emergency doctor also wrote a letter for my job but said that the incident was a "acute medical illness." There's no mention of seizures or epilepsy

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Check the MTO website for the appeals process. A quick guide to what you need to do can be found here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... ochure.pdf

Basically youll need to provide supporting medical documentation that its safe for you to drive again. Its not a quick process, taking approximately 1 to 2 months by the time everything is sent off and reviewed.

Post a Reply