Caught Driving With Suspended License 5 Times

H2OMOM

Caught Driving With Suspended License 5 Times

Unread post by H2OMOM »

I had unpaid traffic tickets and now my license is suspended. I have been caught driving without my license 5 times. Incarceration has been requested. Is there anyway to avoid going to jail? ie house arrest or something of that nature?

Also, what if I move to Montreal and get my license in that province and come back to Ontario to visit what happens if I should get caught speeding?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I really don't see how you'll be able to avoid jail time. I'm actually surprised you haven't been incarcerated in the past. Typically on the third conviction a custodial sentence is requested. You might want to consult with a legal professional since you'll probably be spending a few months in jail if convicted.

Reciprocal agreements between Provinces might prevent you from getting a licence elsewhere while still suspended in Ontario. Even if you were to obtain an out of Province licence, you'd still remain suspended in Ontario. The status of your Ontario licence trumps any other licence. So if you were caught speeding in Ontario with a valid Quebec licence, you'd still be charged for driving under suspension.

trenchknife

Unread post by trenchknife »

Its another offence to drive in Ontario under the jurisdiction of another licence when your Ontario licence is suspended.

You need to come to grips with the fact that you are in all likelihood going to jail for a period of time. Running away only prolongs the inevitable.

You should start making smarter decisions.

Do not take anything I say as legal advice. Only a lawyer can give legal advice. I am not a lawyer.
hawaii

Unread post by hawaii »

trenchknife wrote:Its another offence to drive in Ontario under the jurisdiction of another licence when your Ontario licence is suspended.

You need to come to grips with the fact that you are in all likelihood going to jail for a period of time. Running away only prolongs the inevitable.

You should start making smarter decisions.

Yes, a lawyer you are not.