Haven't Heard From Court

Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
sp_412000

Haven't Heard From Court

Unread post by sp_412000 »

I got the traffic ticket for illegal left turn. I chose the option to go for the trial. I went in the court within 15 days of getting ticket and applied for trial. The front desk person told me that if I don't hear back within 12 weeks, I should call them. I've not heard back anything yet. It is more than 12 weeks. What should I do?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

sp_412000 wrote:The front desk person told me that if I don't hear back within 12 weeks, I should call them.

sp_412000 wrote:I've not heard back anything yet. It is more than 12 weeks. What should I do?

sp_412000 wrote:What should I do?

sp_412000 wrote:The front desk person told me that if I don't hear back within 12 weeks, I should call them.

sp_412000 wrote:I should call them.
ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp »

When they told you to call them you should use something called telephone. A telephone is a device that enables one user to input a series of numbers from 0 to 9 by pressing numbered buttons. The number should be printed somewhere on back of the ticket you received. Once you find a phone and figure out how to place the call I would reference the following website for tips on having a successful conversation http://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Telephone Be sure to tell them you filed your ticket and have not received a notice of trial yet and are wondering when you could expect one.

Good luck. :)

sp_412000

Unread post by sp_412000 »

Mr. "YNOTP" Looks like your knowledge is really limited. These days everyone knows how to use that dumb device. Even my 3 yrs old knows that.

Don't waste your time typing that answer on how to use the dumb device. :D

"To rephrase the question, should I wait for the letter or contact them."
CumminsDiesel

Unread post by CumminsDiesel »

ynotp wrote:When they told you to call them you should use something called telephone. A telephone is a device that enables one user to input a series of numbers from 0 to 9 by pressing numbered buttons. The number should be printed somewhere on back of the ticket you received. Once you find a phone and figure out how to place the call I would reference the following website for tips on having a successful conversation http://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Telephone Be sure to tell them you filed your ticket and have not received a notice of trial yet and are wondering when you could expect one.

Good luck. :)

No idea why you would respond so rudely.

How soon you receive the letter depends on where you got the ticket. In some areas I have heard that it may take longer than what you have described.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I would suggest contacting them. The concern is that if the letter was sent to the wrong address or lost in the mail, you could simply be convicted in absentia when you fail to attend. You would then need to attend Court and request the matter be reopened. I dont think theres any benefit in terms of delay, etc. to simply wait.