A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

robblaze

Quick Question Regarding Fine...

by: robblaze on

This should be an easy one, no advice required.

Last year I got nailed for driving while under suspension (from non-payment of fines). I wasn't aware that I was suspended, but I never made an issue of that, since they sent the mail, I simply hadn't checked it. The fault was mine. The cop that got me was actually quite nice, I wasn't far from home at the time and he allowed me to drive home with him following me, it could have been much worse. The long and short of it is that when all was said and done, I received a 6 month suspension out of it, which has now finished. I no longer have any of the paperwork stating the fine, and havn't yet payed it (I was convicted on february 28th of this year), does anyone know who I would contact to get the fine amount so I can settle this? The original amount was in excess of $1000, I assume its increased due to late payment, but I would like to take care of this so I can have my license reinstated.

Also, can someone else pay the fine for me, provided I've gotten the amount? I work days, and it would be much easier to send a friend with the payment. Credit card is not an option.

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

To find out how much you owe you should call the court house in the jurisdiction where the fine was issued, they will have how much you owe on record. Once you have that number you should be able to send a friend to the court house to pay on your behalf. Make sure your friend gets a receipt from the court staff after they have submitted your payment, you will want to hold on to it for your records. If the fines have gone into default some jurisdictions will not accept a personal cheque so you may need to get certified cheque or a money order from your bank, when you call the court house ask them which methods of payment they will accept. Once you have your fines paid off don't for get to go to Service Ontario and pay the $150 reinstatement fee to them as well.

robblaze

by: robblaze on

daggx wrote:To find out how much you owe you should call the court house in the jurisdiction where the fine was issued, they will have how much you owe on record. Once you have that number you should be able to send a friend to the court house to pay on your behalf. Make sure your friend gets a receipt from the court staff after they have submitted your payment, you will want to hold on to it for your records. If the fines have gone into default some jurisdictions will not accept a personal cheque so you may need to get certified cheque or a money order from your bank, when you call the court house ask them which methods of payment they will accept. Once you have your fines paid off don't for get to go to Service Ontario and pay the $150 reinstatement fee to them as well.

So I can get the answers and arrange to have the fine both payed at the court? Perfect, thank you, that was what I wanted to hear, at least its not too far away :)

Thank you for the answer, and yup I'm aware I'll still need to pay the reinstatement fee before driving.

Post a Reply