I Have A 8plate Sticker Fine Question..please Help!

Zooolooo

I Have A 8plate Sticker Fine Question..please Help!

Unread post by Zooolooo »

:evil: Just now, my partner got a ticket from the Military Police (MP) saying my plate sticker is supposed to be on the FRONT plate of my truck.

I was told at the registry that it goes on top corner of the BACK plate.

My truck is not a commercial vehicle and I can't find anywhere in the traffic act that says a personal vehicle's plate sticker goes on the front.

They want him to switch my plates around and they will waive the ticket, but then I am scared I will get a ticket for it being in the front.

I swear these idiots are after him personally, as I work in Ottawa and are followed my countless OPP and RCMP with no issues. He drives my truck once, boom.

Same MP who claimed he was texting at a stop sign when the MP was 3 cars away, "saw him look down 10 times" so MP followed him to work just to give him a 500.00 fine for texting while driving.

My partner wasn't texting, he took his phone out of his chest pocket as the seatbelt was pressing on it and put it in the console as he was stopped.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

Zooolooo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:46 am

:evil: Just now, my partner got a ticket from the Military Police (MP) saying my plate sticker is supposed to be on the FRONT plate of my truck.

I was told at the registry that it goes on top corner of the BACK plate.

My truck is not a commercial vehicle and I can't find anywhere in the traffic act that says a personal vehicle's plate sticker goes on the front.

They want him to switch my plates around and they will waive the ticket, but then I am scared I will get a ticket for it being in the front.

I swear these idiots are after him personally, as I work in Ottawa and are followed my countless OPP and RCMP with no issues. He drives my truck once, boom.

Do you happen to have a black lettered plate? I believe practically all trucks are considered commercial regardless whether or not they are personally owned vehicles.

If so, the sticker goes on the front.

Zooolooo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:46 amSame MP who claimed he was texting at a stop sign when the MP was 3 cars away, "saw him look down 10 times" so MP followed him to work just to give him a 500.00 fine for texting while driving.

My partner wasn't texting, he took his phone out of his chest pocket as the seatbelt was pressing on it and put it in the console as he was stopped.

The charge is hand-held devices prohibited. There's no obligation to prove that the handheld device is in use (texting) and it sounds like it was given correctly.

(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway while holding or using a hand-held electronic entertainment device or other prescribed device the primary use of which is unrelated to the safe operation of the motor vehicle.

JFDavidson

Unread post by JFDavidson »

If a pickup truck is registered as a commercial vehicle then the license plates will be black on white. The validation tag will then go on the top right of the front license plate. If the license plate is blue on white then the validation tag goes on the rear upper right of the plate.