hhnaderhh

Dangerous Driving

by: hhnaderhh on

this is not so much of a dangeroous driving question , but i got dangerous driving and my insurance said they are denying my claim because of that ticket, and a couple months later they cancelled coverage, now my dangerous driving charge is in court and my final trial date is in dec 2, 2013, the accident happen on dec 24 2012, so almost a year, durning this whole time my car has been sitting in a body shop as im waiting to see what happens with my ticket, now if my ticket drops, does insurance have to pay for it? because my ticket has dropped and i was covered at the time of accident? and only reason they denied my claim was because of the ticket.

tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

1. Dangerous Driving is not a ticket, it's a Criminal offence for which you have been arrested. This "ticket" you refer to might be the Form 9 or Form 10 you were served as a result of being arrested and charged.

2. insurance companies will not typically cover you if you are found criminally responsible for the damages incurred (same as impaired driving, for example).

3. this site typically only covers issues with regards to the Highway Traffic Act (of Ontario), and less with the Criminal Code.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
olegs69

by: olegs69 on

Sounds like the insurance company is trying to worm their way out of paying for the damages.

If you do night fight your insurance company it can be argued that you acquiesced.

Post a Reply