costmoremoney

Charged With Permit Operation Of Vehicle Without Insurance

by: costmoremoney on

Hi everyone. Here is my situation. Got in an accident last year driving friends car. I was unaware of the fact that the vehicle did not have any insurance. A few more things happened (3 other cars damaged, friends car impounded, i got charged with 2 tickets). Anyways, cop and friend finally come to agreement and he gets charged with permitting operation of a motor vehicle on a highway with no insurance.

Now since I caused the accident, this 'friend' is urging that I pay. He is not in town anyways. I know there is a heavy charge associated with this so I will hire a paralegal soon. My real question is, can the paralegal even possibly reduce the fine for this charge as he is representing my friend? If so, what would be the possible minimum charge associated with this? Would it even be helpful to hire the paralegal?

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

costmoremoney wrote:Now since I caused the accident, this 'friend' is urging that I pay.

It's his vehicle. It's his responsibility to ensure that the vehicle has insurance. I'm going to guess that he was driving the vehicle without insurance and would continue to do so. The only way I'd fault you is if he said "oh by the way it doesn't have insurance" before you borrowed the car. The only other thing would've been checking to see if the vehicle has a current and valid insurance slip... but almost no one would do that when borrowing or renting a car anyway.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply