loki

156 Reduced To 149... Dont Know What I Should Do.

by: loki on

so i was on m way to montreal and was caught doing 56 over. thank goodness the officer reduced it to 49 over. still really bad. i had to speed up because some really kind man wanted to go much faster then me and i needed to get in front of a big rig. some how i dought that will hold up in court, but even the officer said she saw the man on me. i need some advice. what should i do? should i just go ahead and pay the tix or make a court date and get a disclosure? im worried that they will set the fine back up to its original fine!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Only if you feel your guilty. It would be unethical to advise you to plead guilty if you didn't. And even if you do feel you're guilty, you're still entitled to force the crown to prove their case, since the presumption is of innocence. It's really a personal choice.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
tristangemus

by: tristangemus on

Bring it to court. Not an actual trial, the 2nd option. You will be given the option to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Mine went down from 149 which was reduced from 153 to 129 in a 100 zone. Also, I had an unsafe lane change and no insurance on me withdrawn. They really just want to get through as many people as they can and still make money. They don't want people setting up trials to try actually fighting their ticket.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

That's incorrect. Option 2 is for guilty pleas with an explanation. You are admitting fault to the actual offence. In such a situation, all the Justice of the Peace can do is offer a reduced fine if warranted, they cannot withdraw or change charges. For that to occur, you need to work out a plea deal with the Crown.

Post a Reply