Got Two Traffic Tickets And Dont Know What Any Of This Means

seekingadvicandhelp

Got Two Traffic Tickets And Dont Know What Any Of This Means

Unread post by seekingadvicandhelp »

Okay, I received two traffic tickets.

1) Driving with a G1 without accompanied by a qualified driver.

2) Driving with a handheld communication device

I dont understand the options I have? I want to go deal with the charges but I dont know if I should pick the second option or the third option? Both require me to go to court at the same address. Do I go there at any business hours and look for ways to deal with the tickets? I don't understand. If I go with option 3, are there additional charges? I was reading up and although I dont fully understand, apparently if you go to trial (option 3) your fine may INCREASE?

I am from Mississauga, Ontario Canada. Thanks.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

seekingadvicandhelp wrote:I dont understand the options I have? I want to go deal with the charges but I dont know if I should pick the second option or the third option? Both require me to go to court at the same address. Do I go there at any business hours and look for ways to deal with the tickets?

Option 2 is simply a plea deal. If there is room to offer you a lesser fine, they will do so. You will still be guilty, but the charge will be reduced to something lower than what you have now. It is not a trial. You will not need to provide any proof, witnesses, evidence, etc. That being said, they are not going to lower being charged with G1 with no driver.

seekingadvicandhelp wrote:I don't understand. If I go with option 3, are there additional charges? I was reading up and although I dont fully understand, apparently if you go to trial (option 3) your fine may INCREASE?

If your charge has already been reduced on the spot by the officer, they will ask the charge be brought back to its original form. It doesn't sound like you've received any reduction anyhow.

seekingadvicandhelp wrote:1) Driving with a G1 without accompanied by a qualified driver.

If convicted, your license will be suspended for 30 days.