A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

inbini

Court Letter

by: inbini on

Hello Guys

I received a court letter that outlined the court date and time. However, the ticket information on that letter is incorrect. The time shows am when it was pm. My license plate number is wrong. Can I make an argument out of this?

I am fighting the ticket and if the officer shows up, do you think I can use this argument to prove the officer's lack of creditability (since the person who typed the letter couldn't read his writing, etc)?

What do you think? Please help!! Thanks!!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Is the information on the face of the ticket correct? What information on the letter is in error? The date and time of your court appearance or the date and time of the alleged offence (which should reflect the ticket)?

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
inbini

by: inbini on

The time of the alleged offence is incorrect. It should be pm not am... I know I am replying late but.. anyone??

Thanks!!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Time shouldn't be a fatal error if it's still on the same day, because you are charged (in the charge wording) with "On or about the ___ day of _____ month did commit the offence of.... So it really hasn't prejudiced your ability to make a defence. It should be able to be amended at trial.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply