A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

synergy

by: synergy on

First and foremost... I hate people failing to chage lanes when an emergency vehicle (such as a police cruiser) is on the shoulder of a highway. By far, one of the best new laws ever introduced in this province. As a matter of fact, when I get pulled over, I exit the highway first. The officer sometimes gets pissed, but when I explain that it was for his own safety (and mine), he appreciates it.

Biggest pet peeve, is left laners! I mean, if you intentionally drive in that lane excersing your right to drive at, or under the speed limit, then you are breaking the law .... that left lane is for passing! I would argue that it's a worse offence than speeding (at only 20k over) as you piss off the guy behind you, making him tailgate and become even more agressive. Yes, people are responsible for thier own actions, but any cop or driving insructor will tell you to get away from agressive drivers.

I fight all my tickets!
synergy

I like Proper1's pet peeve. I drive a luxury car and will not let these jerks in, especially if there is space behind me. Most will not "force-it and will eventually back off, presumeably for fear of having to pay to repaint my my car.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm in the right lane, I move to the left and give people room to merge (unlike those idiots who blindly keep driving, blissfully unaware that cars are trying to merge on to the highway into thier lane).

I fight all my tickets!
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

kend7510 wrote:I cannot stand people who make a stop on the right lane (especially/mostly in downtown Toronto, where there are a lot of busy 2-lane streets), and get off the car to go somewhere, or just park there and wait to pick someone up or something, and in turn congest the whole street, as if it's his own driveway.

There must be some sort of regulations in HTA thats against this right?

How about OHTA 182(2) "Fail to obey signs - "no stopping" sign", with 2 demerit point "award"?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

synergy wrote:First and foremost... I hate people failing to chage lanes when an emergency vehicle (such as a police cruiser) is on the shoulder of a highway.

Oh yeah I totally hear that...

You know what I still don't understand are the people who STILL don't know that you HAVE to pull to the right and STOP when any fire truck or ambulance is approaching.

I have witnessed this act yesterday when a van just didn't understand that law. Everyone pulled over but this one van just didn't get the clue.

The fire truck had to slow down and finally the van driver just moved to the side at the very last moment.

I think that is one of the worst pet peeves for me.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Here's one other pet peeve of mine

People blasting music with base so loud that MY windshield vibrates to the beat... Cannot hear anyhting else, and most time those people have no taste in music, leaving others to suffer to their cacophony.

synergy

racer, I get the attention of that guy (with the loud music) to open his window. I then yell at him (using a friendly voice) ..." hey, can you hear the song on my radio?" ... he usually says "no", so then I yell at him, swearing and all angry like ... "then I don't want to hear your f&*#@ music"...

doesn't really do anything, but it's fun just the same.

I fight all my tickets!
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

synergy, I feel the same way, but I get especially angry when the other guy cannot even hear me yelling :evil: .

knight_yyz

by: knight_yyz on

people on cell phones. Period.

Also I hate "cutters" as well. I see it everyday. Doesn't have to be in a construction zone, it happens everywhere. Why do we make highways with lanes that end? Why do people use them when they know the lane will end, and why do people let them in? I always make sure a "cutter' ends up behind me. I'm always hoping it will "teach then a lesson". But it never does. If you know the lane is going to end, move over and keep the flow going.

BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

knight_yyz wrote:people on cell phones. Period.

Also I hate "cutters" as well. I see it everyday. Doesn't have to be in a construction zone, it happens everywhere. Why do we make highways with lanes that end? Why do people use them when they know the lane will end, and why do people let them in? I always make sure a "cutter' ends up behind me. I'm always hoping it will "teach then a lesson". But it never does. If you know the lane is going to end, move over and keep the flow going.

What about texting?

I avoid all 400 series highways whenever possible!

Today on the 400 I saw one person texting, in the right lane, passing me on my motorcycle doing a steady 130km/h :evil:

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
Post a Reply