A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Bill_Payer

History Of Tickets Issued [pon] At Location And Disposition

by: Bill_Payer on

How would someone go about finding the history (number and date) of tickets issued for an offense at a particular location.?

Say I was trying to establish that inadequate design of a stretch of road contributed to infractions of a section of the HTA?

Could I ask for this information under disclosure? Would I be likely to get it?

What authority would that information reside with, or who do I ask for it?

Having established the authority responsible, would it require a FOI [Freedom of Information] request to obtain?

Has anyone done this that you are aware of?

Secondly, has anyone been able to obtain the outcome of the charges laid (such as: 450 tickets issued under section XXX, 300 convictions, 100 stays, 50 acquittals)?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

i do not think it is possible as the information is too vague on the tickets.

The only time a cross reference (2nd road) is sometimes, not always placed on a ticket is when it is intersection related.

A place where officers could be is due to traffic complaints, or personal preference. (ie: I like to be mobile as much as possible over 60km of the 401, where other officers like to sit at a specific spot and wait) That type of info would not be known either.

ie: So if you wanted to know how many tickets on Main Street East for instance....you would see say 100 tickets, but it would not indicate if it was in a 50 zone, 60 zone or 80 zone, or if it was an insurance card offence, but just an offence on Main Street, Municipality of Erie. Main Street could be 20km long.

Only thing that is tracked pretty specific is collisons as the TR (Traffic Report) requires road name and nearest intersecting road.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Bill_Payer

by: Bill_Payer on

Thanks hwybear,

Good comments. I see by your reply that it would be difficulty to get information on a specific location.

Do you know of a "master database", or something similar for tickets, apart from information that resides on each drivers abstract. I'm just wondering where all of this information is retained,...or if it is?

Appreciate your involvement here...

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Bill_Payer wrote:Thanks hwybear,

Good comments. I see by your reply that it would be difficulty to get information on a specific location.

Do you know of a "master database", or something similar for tickets, apart from information that resides on each drivers abstract. I'm just wondering where all of this information is retained,...or if it is?

Appreciate your involvement here...

I don't know if it is retained or where to begin to look. I would guess the best that you might get is something like:

Municipality of Kodak

- 2457 offences

And if your lucky there might be a break down of something like this...

- 1941 speeding

- 406 other hta

- 55 CAIA

- 10 LLA

- 45 other Acts

Even a driving abstract is not specific to location.....it is Municipality and offence, it does not state what road the offence was on.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply