HatinTO

Parking Ticket Help

by: HatinTO on

Ok, i want to know if i am parked in a one hour limit street, at one hour what am i required to do? do i need to move to a different street or can i move a set distance down the street? any help would be great, especially if you could direct me where to find that info. thanks,

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

watched "parking wars" the PPA (Philadelphia Parking Authority) showed this....scenario. Vehicle could only park for that 1hr limit on that side of the street, then would have to park on the opposite side for the next hour....after that the vehicle could not longer be parked on that section of the street in either direction.

should consult your local town/city bylaws

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
HatinTO

thanks. i am trying to find the bylaws to read up but they are not on the internet. going to call the toronto parking authority tomorrow.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Can you provide more details about what has happened?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
HatinTO

yep, got home at 3 pm, parked on a street with one hour parking. went out at 3:50 pm and moved the car about 40' down. went out again at 4:50 and had a ticket on my window saying i was there from 3:30 to 4:47. i am wondering how far i have to move my car or if i have to move it off the street completely.

HatinTO

just found out, you only have to move a couple of meters. now to prove that i moved it.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

HatinTO wrote:just found out, you only have to move a couple of meters. now to prove that i moved it.

if found on the web, can you give us the link for future

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
HatinTO

not on the web, i called the toronto parking authority. their number is 416-808-2222 then follow the prompts to get to the parking authority. i am going to call back to ask where i can find all the information on bylaws. cause how are we suppose to follow the rules when we dont know all the rules.

amcamx

by: amcamx on

Generally they have to mark your car (usually by chalking the tires with a line on the side from the top of the tire to the rim) first and then come back an hour (or whatever the limit is) later to verify that you have over-stayed (theoretically you could move to another spot far from where you originally were and if the chalk line ends up at the same spot, you could still be ticketed). :cry:

Hence, you could always just go out and wipe off the chalk completely after they've left. As long as you do not have some unique car/colour/parking spot, there's little chance of them remembering the car. Plus they cannot prove that you were there for more then an hour since there are no markings indicating so. Some might consider it dishonest, but it does work (unless of course you get someone who either doesn't care and tags everyone regardless or has a good memory/eyesight).

Reflections

by: Reflections on

amcamx wrote:Generally they have to mark your car (usually by chalking the tires with a line on the side from the top of the tire to the rim) first and then come back an hour (or whatever the limit is) later to verify that you have over-stayed (theoretically you could move to another spot far from where you originally were and if the chalk line ends up at the same spot, you could still be ticketed). :cry:

Hence, you could always just go out and wipe off the chalk completely after they've left. As long as you do not have some unique car/colour/parking spot, there's little chance of them remembering the car. Plus they cannot prove that you were there for more then an hour since there are no markings indicating so. Some might consider it dishonest, but it does work (unless of course you get someone who either doesn't care and tags everyone regardless or has a good memory/eyesight).

The chalk would have to be on the tire and the road to "prove" a lack of movement. Was there anything that you noticed?

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply