Asking for mercy from the court, alternative penalties?

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Asking for mercy from the court, alternative penalties?

by: slowmumma on
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm


I was clocked going 120 in an 80 zone. I requested a court date and with the intention of challenging the police officers evidence as well as requesting the officer to be in court. I was given a court date of October 9 but was then sent a letter by the prosecution for a motion to change the date as the officer is not available on this day. I have received disclosure and I doubt that I will be able to get out of this ticket, and I am way to nervous to actually go to court to defend myself. I am terrified as I make only $20 000 per year and won't be able to afford the insurance on my car if I get this ticket. Without insurance I won't be able to drive to work and support my three children. Is there a way to ask for mercy from the court at the motion? I would be willing to pay the fine but would like to find a way to not have it on my record. Is this possible? I would be willing to do community service??
Post a Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests