Moving from BC to Ontario, lost license for being over .08

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Moving from BC to Ontario, lost license for being over .08

by: highlander on
Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:24 pm

I am currently a resident of BC, but moving to Ontario. I have an ignition interlock restriction on my BC driver license for driving over .08, but was not charged under the Criminal Code of Canada. I was wondering what procedures I would need to go through to acquire an Ontario driver license and if I would be elligible for the Reduced Suspension with Ignition Interlock Conduct Review Program?
User avatar
Simon Borys
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am

by: Simon Borys on
Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 am

Reduced Suspension with Interlock program is specifically for people who are charged criminally and plead within a certain time frame. You may still have to get an ignition interlock here in Ontario, but I don't think it will be through this program.
User avatar
Radar Identified
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Toronto


by: Radar Identified on
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Just to clarify, what were you actually convicted of?

Is this BC's law where they require you to install an ignition interlock regardless of whether you are convicted or not? If so, and you were NOT convicted of anything, you do not require an ignition interlock here. If your BC licence is still valid, you should be able to get an Ontario licence without any issues. They might note that you had a roadside "warn" on the licence but that's it. In Ontario, you only need the interlock if you are convicted of impaired driving, or you blow "WARN" three or more times in a five-year period.
* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. * OR
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Traffic Offences Outside Ontario”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest