highlander

Moving From Bc To Ontario, Lost License For Being Over .08

by: highlander on

I am currently a resident of BC, but moving to Ontario. I have an ignition interlock restriction on my BC driver license for driving over .08, but was not charged under the Criminal Code of Canada. I was wondering what procedures I would need to go through to acquire an Ontario driver license and if I would be elligible for the Reduced Suspension with Ignition Interlock Conduct Review Program?

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Reduced Suspension with Interlock program is specifically for people who are charged criminally and plead within a certain time frame. You may still have to get an ignition interlock here in Ontario, but I don't think it will be through this program.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Just to clarify, what were you actually convicted of?

Is this BC's law where they require you to install an ignition interlock regardless of whether you are convicted or not? If so, and you were NOT convicted of anything, you do not require an ignition interlock here. If your BC licence is still valid, you should be able to get an Ontario licence without any issues. They might note that you had a roadside "warn" on the licence but that's it. In Ontario, you only need the interlock if you are convicted of impaired driving, or you blow "WARN" three or more times in a five-year period.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply