Reflections

by: Reflections on

They might drive nice but the roads are just *EDIT*. Steel plates, frost cracks the list goes on. I was following a friend, he's in a Ram truck me in a 90 Jetta. Every bump felt like the front struts were going to pop throught he hood.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Their roads are *EDIT*, and in the two years I lived in Detroit I blew three tires, wrecked my suspension and even cracked an axle. Granted, it was an older car, but driving on some roads (Michigan Avenue, I-696, the Lodge Freeway until they re-paved it, etc) was like getting thrown in a paint shaker. People have literally blown airbags going over some of the craters, cracks and potholes. A couple of intersections were so badly damaged that the potholes had gone right down to the dirt. Generally cost of living was only a tiny bit lower than over in Windsor, but factoring in the car repairs, cost of living in Michigan was a LOT higher. :shock:

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Radar Identified wrote:Their roads are *EDIT*, and in the two years I lived in Detroit I blew three tires, wrecked my suspension and even cracked an axle. Granted, it was an older car, but driving on some roads (Michigan Avenue, I-696, the Lodge Freeway until they re-paved it, etc) was like getting thrown in a paint shaker. People have literally blown airbags going over some of the craters, cracks and potholes. A couple of intersections were so badly damaged that the potholes had gone right down to the dirt. Generally cost of living was only a tiny bit lower than over in Windsor, but factoring in the car repairs, cost of living in Michigan was a LOT higher. :shock:

The condition of the roads is why they call Detroit a part of the "Rust Belt". We all complain here that there are so many potholes in Toronto, but I guess that is still much better shape than Detroit or some other US cities.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply