nomorespeeding

151km/hr In Montreal - Ontario Resident

by: nomorespeeding on

what happens if they charge someone for driving at 151Km/hr in montreal and they put for trial, appear after some months and sadly lost the trial ?

In montreal its $300 fine and 5demerit points ...

I heard Ontario and Qubec share the information. So once the trial is over ( and when the file moved to ontario) will his car gets towed and licence get suspended for 7days (later to 30 days ) ? and he get that minimum $2000 fine ? after months of charge ?

or

just 6 demerit points get transferred to his licence ?

will the insurance still see this as "stunt" driving ??? Insurance agent is Statefarm

please and thanks in advance

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

You do not have to pay another fine, however, your driving record might show the offence as S 128 (14) (d), which is a 6 demerit points offence, with all other insurance implications.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Last time I checked you can be tried only once and then you serve the sentence/pay the fine in the jurisdiction you are in. 'Bear would know better but I would say that all offense information would be listed for the officer to see. So if you broke Ontario laws the OHTA section would apply and be listed. If you broke Quebec law their section would be listed.

I wonder if I break some of the laws of physics if Fantino would come up with a fine for that too???

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Reflections covered it, the only thing you'll see is 6 demerit points on the Ontario driving record, even though Julian Fantino really wants to take your car.

tdrive2 wrote:In quebec do they tow your car aswell?

Not for the first offence. They have the authority to issue an immediate 7-day roadside license suspension in Quebec. However, if you get caught a second time, they will tow and impound your car for 30 days!

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

what will show on the driving record will be:

Out-Of-Province -Greater than 50km/hr over the speed limit 6 points

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply