A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

dgs

Chronic Accident Locations

by: dgs on

i am trying to find out if there is any central repository for collision locations within Hamilton Area...I am trying to argue a case for a poorly designed exit ramp from the 403, and although I have heard anecdotally that the exit is a trap for repeated accidents and collisions, I am not sure where to find actual accident records that would support this notion. I have tried emailing the Hamilton Spectator but they have not replied to my request for information. Any suggestions?

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

The kind of data that you're looking for isn't easy to get. First you'd need a dataset with Ontario's (or Hamilton's) transportation network and then to add accident info to it.. It'll run you a nice chunk of change (I'm guessing in the tens of thousands of dollars). Anything else you can get is no better than anecdotal.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
dgs

thanks firestart...I was hoping the newspaper would be a good place for this info but it too is not that easy to get.

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

What exit off the 403 is this at (# or main intersetion.)

The 403/QEW has some really bad on ramps and design in some places.

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Same with the Kipling/427/Gardiner mess. However, good systematic data is hard to find and even if it could be found in tabular form, we'd still be missing a good Ontario road network dataset which costs a good chunk of change.

I am in possession of a couple of good road network datasets but couldn't legally disclose them. They were sourced from DMTI http://www.dmtispatial.com/streets/index.html.

By the way, if you ever need to source a PCCF, go with Statistics Canada. Right now they offer a better product and the money goes to the public service sector. That could change though.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
dgs

the 403 exit is York Blvd, going west on the 403.

Post a Reply