A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
KenD

89 Km Speed In 60 Km/hr Zone And Got Speeding Ticket

by: KenD on

Hi,

This forum is very useful and I am seeking some help.

I have got speeding ticket. Officer stopped me and said you are at 102 km speed in 60 KM/hr zone. I told him that I was coming from court hearing and was under frustration plus I was late for meeting at my work place. So I might not see speed limit otherwise I always follow speed limit (I have docs showing court hearing and my job meeting). He gave me ticket for 89 km/hr and $138 fine. How much demerit points I will get and what are the options for me? can I request prosecutor myself to give plea deal and waive demerit points or go for trial or just pay ticket? what will be impact on my insurance?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

- Your job meeting is irrelevant.

- It's 3 demerit points.

- Your options are on the back of your ticket.

- Yes, you can do it yourself.

- No, they can't wave points. They have nothing to do with the points. They can offer you a speed reduction. If that speed is 16 or more, it's still 3 points. If it's less, then it's zero points.

- Your insurance treats practically any speed 49 or less the same, whether it's 5km over or 20.

KenD

by: KenD on

Thanks for reply.

If I go myself, can prosecutor waive full ticket?

Can paralegal help waive ticket?

I want to avoid insurance increases

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

You’re were already given a break at roadside. A prosecutor isn’t simply going to waive the entire ticket for you or a paralegal. If you decide to fight it, they will also likely amend it back to the original speed of 102 km/h.

You can always try get get a bit more of a break, that’s entirely up to them though.

Post a Reply