Help! Going To Court On Monday

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

dietcokedrinker

Help! Going To Court On Monday

Unread post by dietcokedrinker »

What have I got myself into. I don't want any of this haha.

I was driving to Pick up my daughter at 1:30 in the morning. in my pjs. Highway was clear except for the odd stunt driver and truck. I drive a bit slow at night since visibility is not as good and we have a lot of wildlife in the area. Im very aware and don't want to get in an accident.

I noticed a black suv cruising very slowly in the right lane alongside another vehicle. I thought it looked like they were talking to each other or something. I slowed down and the "other vehicle" pulled away and drove quickly away. I passed the suv and realized it was OPP. we travelled about 500m and he put his lights on and pulled me over.

I gave him my info and he said... "boy you sure were going fast there". I said, "I don't think i was sir. I don't drive fast" and then he gave me a ticket.

I wasn't driving 135km/hr. I was really annoyed and contested it. Went to pre-trial and they offered me nothing. court only. Now I need to go to Court on Monday and I don't want to. I don't want to lose points on my license and have my insurance go up for something i didn't do. I have not hired representation either. I don't want to spend the day in court. What should I do?

dietcokedrinker

Unread post by dietcokedrinker »

A couple more things.. I received disclosure. I don't understand all of it. How long should I expect to be in court on Monday? Is there an option to just go in and pay and get out of it quickly without penalty? what if i didn't show up at all? Im worried I made a big mistake and should have just paid the fine. Even though I truly did nothing wrong Its my ignorant word against his educated one so I am probably SOL.

Cabby033

Posting Awards

Unread post by Cabby033 »

There are many great people on here that could have reviewed your disclosure if u post it.Personal info redacted