Careless In A Parking Lot

Sflynn

Careless In A Parking Lot

Unread post by Sflynn »

So I was being stupid. After a long day of work in the empty parking lot of my work as I was the last one to leave. No other cars or anything. So I decide to get rid of my tiredness from work by gunning it on my Kawasaki ninja. Before leaving the parking lot I come to a complete stop at the stop sign to enter the public roadways when someone claiming to be an ex cop comes running up to me yelling that he has my plate and that he his going to report me. I apologized to him in hopes that he wouldn't report me. My question is do his words have any meaning and will I be getting a ticket in the mail. I'm going to guess my max speed was around 120 but I can't be sure as I wasnt looking at my speed.

bimmer

Posting Awards

Unread post by bimmer »

You're worried about some random guy making claims to report you? Its in a parking lot, not public roads and they cant prove you whee driving. Id say you have nothing at all to worry about.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

There's nothing stopping regular joe from reporting you to an officer.

The officer will look up the address of the plates and send you a generic letter letting you know that someone had reported your driving.

That's about it.

daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

I agree with the others. For a careless driving charge they would have to prove you were driving. Assuming you didn't give this guy your name, they will have no way to do that. Like Bend said, if the guy reported your licence plate to the police you might get a warning letter in the mail but that is it. These warning letters have no impact on your driving record or insurance.