ck2002

Missing Drivers License Number

by: ck2002 on

Hello

I would appreciate your opinion on this

I was issued 2 tickets ,One for speeding 128km in an 80 zone, and of course I forgot my wallet at home so another ticket for failure to surrender license.

I noticed that both printed tickets do not have my drivers license number printed on them(The line was left blank) all the other information was correct. I was driving my own car and did provided him the ownership and insurance as I keep those with the car.

Would that be considered a flaw?

I am in ontario

Thanks

ck2002

by: ck2002 on

Hi

Another question,I today went to the courthouse to deal with the tickets I wanted to use option #2 (speak to the justice to reduce fine and or time to pay)

The tickets I was given stated that in order to do this I would have to be at the courthouse at 9 am Mon - Fri in person to do so.

I went early Monday morning ,was there at 9 am (which is a 2 hour drive each way for me) and was told that the info is wrong.During the summer nobody is available between Mon-Thurs ,only on Fridays

I pressed for answers to why the info is wrong on the ticket and their response is that they informed the opp about the error but nothing has been done and there is not much they could do about it.They apologized for the inconvenience and told me the only option is to come back on Friday or fight the ticket and come back again.Today was really a big waste of time for me

Going back is difficult for me to do, it is a far distance for me to travel and i don't have the luxury of rearranging my schedule just because the person in charge of changing the time on the ticket didn't bother to do it

My question is who would be responsible for the info on the tickets?And if the police were told about the error and didn't fix it are they liable in any way for it?

The ticket says that I have 15 days to answer to the charges but that's not true I really only have 2 (the 2 Fridays) and at this point I have missed the only Friday I have available to me because of the misinformation ,the next Friday is just not possible for me.

This all took place at the Lindsay Ontario courthouse

Thank you

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you're still looking for an early resolution meeting, you can plead not guilty and show up any available day from now until your trial. You can even show up on your trial date.

I would not waste my time thinking this mistake will result in your ticket being torn up. i'd consider early resolutions a courtesy. They are not required to do anything for you.

ShrekTek

by: ShrekTek on

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do except complain to the OPP detachment commander and the OPP chief of police by writing letters.

If you just plead not guilty and request a trial and then show up on your trial date, you will get the same kind of offer that you would have gotten at early resoltuion.

The other thing to do is to plead not guilty and request a trial, and then try to setup a PHONE call for early resolution with the prosecutor prior to the trial date. Because of your distance away, they will probably do this for you.

I am not a lawyer and I am not a paralegal and I do not give legal advice.
All statements made are my opinion only.

ShrekTek
Post a Reply