Rooster

Warn Range Under 22

by: Rooster on

So I got pulled over on Sunday at 2am after literally 2 beers. The officer had me take a breathalyzer test. I blew a warning and the cop gave me a Notice Of Suspension (3 day suspension), which as far as i know is just administrative from everything i've read.

What i am wondering is because i am under the age of 22 but have a full G licence (F class actually), will i be subject to additional suspension (30 Day) and fines (60-500$) when i go to reinstate my licence. The Officer said i was not being charged with anything and would only have to pay any administrative fees. So if i was not charged, can i assume i was not convicted and will not have to pay those fees?

Thanks!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you're 21 and under, full license or not, you are required to have a BAC level of zero. No alcohol whatsoever.

Pretty sure you should have been charged for that.

devilsadvocate

by: devilsadvocate on

I agree that you should/could have gotten a fine for Young Driver with alcohol.

For fines/fees/convictions that's not how it works: not having been charged only means you didn't get the $110 fine for Young Drivers. Reinstatement is independent from a charge, and you will have to pay the fee for sure, $198 I believe.

I'm not sure if Young drivers have an extra 30 day suspension. I know Novice drivers definitely do, but if you have a full class I can't say.

Finally, yes it will appear on your DL record but not as a conviction, as a Warn Prior, which means if you get pulled over again and blow Warn you will be suspended for 7 days instead of 3. It will be on your record for 5 years.

Hope this helps.

I am not a lawyer or para-legal: I do not offer legal advice nor should my comments be interpreted as such.
I believe in respecting the law; don't be offended if I don't agree with you.
whaddyaknow

Posting Awards

by: whaddyaknow on

Whenaxis wrote:
whaddyaknow wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't the O.P. say he's 22? In that case he's not a young driver???

He said he is under 22.

Ah, yes! "21 and under" does in fact mean the same as "under 22". Knew I was missing something!

Rooster

by: Rooster on

Just got back from service Ontario. They reinstated my licence with the 198$ fee. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Won't be making that mistake again.

Thanks for all the input.

Post a Reply