rye

$450 Handicap Loading Parking Ticket

by: rye on

It's my first time posting here and I just want to have someone's opinion about my case.

Dec.03, 2017 pass 7 pm it was cold and raining that night it was at Yonge and Orchard Blvd at the library. I decided to park at side road and pay max for the parking (I still have the parking ticket) I parked behind the car because I saw the parking sign but I honestly didn't see the loading for Handicap sign, I never knew there was a sign like that until I saw the ticket (my first time getting a ticket ever in 3 yrs since I started driving)

I know it was my stupidity that I was rushing to catch a movie I parked and a fraction of my car is over the parking sign post. I have a hatchback Elantra I have the actual picture but I can't post it because of the size but I posted googled pic with red line where the sign post is. I will send original pics to those who wants to see it.

so, what I did is, the next day I went to the Parking Tag Operation to dispute the ticket. is that the right thing to do?

Attachments
download.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 4172 times
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Yes. Plead not guilty and request a trial. Once you get your notice of trial, then you can request dislcosure (copy of officers notes).

There are a couple possibilities... in Toronto it can take a really long time to get a trial. If the time frame exceeds a year, then you could make a charter challenge for not getting a speedy trial.

The other possibility is that on trial date you say you are sorry, show the picture, and ask for a reduction in the fine (but still plead guilty).

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply