$450 Ticket On No Standing Handicap Parking Zone

jpraco

$450 Ticket On No Standing Handicap Parking Zone

Unread post by jpraco »

Hi there. Last night I was out and about when I decided to park my car on college street (near bathurst). I figured that it was the right place to park because there was a green P pay parking enforced sign on the street and I had parked within the border line allocated on the street. With that being said, above the green P sign there was another sign that said "No Standing Handicap Loading Zone", but I didn't think that had anything to do with the parking because the green P was below it. Several hours later, I come back to my car to find a $450 ticket on my windshield stating I parked in a disabled zone without a permit.

This is the first time in my life where I have experienced this type of infraction and I'm not sure if this is worth fighting or not. Is this something I should be fighting? If i pleaded ignorance, would they potentially reduce the fine? Please let me know your thoughts on how I should proceed because $450 for a ticket is quite excessive.

iFly55

Posting Awards

Unread post by iFly55 »

Is this the sign: https://goo.gl/maps/tRzsU

Option 2 is generally the way to go here, you can get the fine heavily reduced most likely around $100 in the City of Toronto. It can get further reduced by a JP if you can show financial difficulty.

jpraco

Unread post by jpraco »

The pic you posted is the EXACT sign I parked in front of.

I will definitely fight the charge and try to get it reduced. Thank you!