A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

shotgun pete

Reported By A Ttc Driver Part2?!

by: shotgun pete on

Hi. I was driving around dundas & howard park avenue (not a ttc stop) where a ttc streetcar driver stopped his vehicle and had the front door open with the stop sign (no hazard lights were on). He didn't drop off or pick up any passengers, but went out of his vehicle to check something behind his vehicle. Which naturally caused a small traffic jam by blocking the right lane so the first couple of cars ignored his stop sign and went. By the time I reached it he complained and threatened to report me and I saw him write down my license plate number. My question is does he have a right to impede traffic like that after all he wasn't unloading or loading any passengers what so ever. I am wondering what will happen next if he reports me?

Thanks

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Would have to wait and see what you get charged with (if you get charged at all). It would all be speculation right now.

If you get charged, plead not guilty and request a trial. Once you get the notice of trial then you can request disclosure (witness reports and witness statements and officers notes).

Police have up to 6 months to lay a charge. If you have not heard anything in 6 months, then don't worry about it.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
shotgun pete

by: shotgun pete on

Thanks jsherk for your response.

But I still wondering what can he possibly charge with me. After looking through the Highway Traffic Act his stop sign is only valid when dealing with passengers. I'm just asking to see if I missed something out in the Act or misinterpreted it. Thanks

Post a Reply