A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

frugalsniper

Number Plate Rear Cam

by: frugalsniper on

Hi all,

I was wondering if this setup with my new rear view camera would be considered illegal, it does obstruct part of the plate (it says Ontario on the top).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments
20160322_145644.jpg
20160322_145644.jpg (204.62 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

frugalsniper wrote:http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic1854.html

The cover is fine, I'm going off this to assume any ticket based on the cover will be dismissed. Any suggestions for the rear cam though, how do you guys do it?

HTA 13(2)

Every number plate shall be kept free from dirt and obstruction and shall be affixed so that the entire number plate, including the numbers is plainly visible at all times, and the view of the number plate shall not be obscured or obstructed by spare tires, bumper bars, any part of the vehicle, any attachments to the vehicle or the load carried

Read it again, as before it's up to the discretion of the officer. But at my ER yesterday, one person had the same charge, and the prosecutor wouldn't withdraw it, so they requested a trial. Don't assume that all tickets will be dismissed just because one person had that luck. As for the camera, it also blocks sticker as stated above, so it's a no go.

Post a Reply