A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Dixoadam

Warn Range. Can Someone Help Me?

by: Dixoadam on

So about 2 mon the ago I was pulled over and I had a couple drinks at a dinner and blew in the warn range. I am terrified that this is going to ruin my job and my license. I made a huge mistake and I will learn from it. I just hope it isn't too late. Will I be fired? Will I never get a driving job again? Will my insurance go through the roof? Thanks for any help I really appreciate it. I know I made a mistake and did something wring but I know I am better than this and I really hope it is just a warning.

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

If you have a full G licence blowing a warn cannot be used against you for insurance purposes because the 3 day licence suspension is administrative and not as a result of a conviction. Repeatedly blowing warns in a certain time frame will lead to escalating administrative sanctions that can be quite nasty.

If you do not have a full G licence, and are charged and convicted you will get a 30 day suspension and it will be used to justify insurance increases.

Dixoadam

by: Dixoadam on

ynotp wrote:If you have a full G licence blowing a warn cannot be used against you for insurance purposes because the 3 day licence suspension is administrative and not as a result of a conviction. Repeatedly blowing warns in a certain time frame will lead to escalating administrative sanctions that can be quite nasty.

If you do not have a full G licence, and are charged and convicted you will get a 30 day suspension and it will be used to justify insurance increases.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Would that be the same for employment?

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

If they pull a drivers abstract there will not be a conviction but they should see an administrative suspension but not the reason. Other reasons for an administrative suspension could be for a number of reasons including, unpaid fines, a medical suspension or not paying child support.

swssdogman

by: swssdogman on

Good Luck even keeping your current insurance agent or carrier AND whatever your job is, it's entirely up to your employer not the courts or the insurance company but if you think they )insurance company) wont find out you and the previous poster would be mistaken! No one cares that you've learned from it, if you drink make other plans for a ride OR face a life long black cloud! Sorry

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

swssdogman wrote:Good Luck even keeping your current insurance agent or carrier AND whatever your job is, it's entirely up to your employer not the courts or the insurance company but if you think they )insurance company) wont find out you and the previous poster would be mistaken! No one cares that you've learned from it, if you drink make other plans for a ride OR face a life long black cloud! Sorry

Blowing in the warn range is an administrative suspension. An insurance provider is not supposed to use any administrative suspension that lasts less than 12 months for the purpose of determining risk classification. Even for those lasting longer than a year have to go through an approval process with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. There's no conviction, but it will show up on your abstract.

Post a Reply