A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

So We All Get Tickets Someday...

by: admin on

So I got 2 tickets after a LONGGG time, but luckily enough I received the 72 hour notice for each.

I was going down Hanlon parkway in Guelph, ON when I got pulled over. The officer was very cool and nice actually. I explained my situation and he basically understood and gave me two 72 hour tickets for:

1 - Fail to Surrender Insurance Card

As my insurance card was never put into my dashboard, so I had an expired one at hand. Dumb mistake. This is why you should take more care of your insurance information lol.

2 - Driving without proper headlights

My right side light went out, and I explained how I just noticed it and it just happened as I left my friends place.

So my point by this post is to find out if the officer was just being nice by giving the 72 hour notice? Or is it standard protocol?

But anyhow, the experience was good, and I have to say the officer did a great job, and was very polite and courteous.

So if anyone wants to get a ticket from nice cops, come to Guelph!! LoL no I just kid, Guelph is great, and the goal is to NOT get a ticket.

Drive safe!

ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

The 72 hour notice is not a requirement, just a very nice officer.

It's almost impossible to fight a ticket in Guelph. Forget "I hope the cop doesn't show up," the entire detachment will be there!

And the published rulings out of Guelph range from medieval to bizarre.

I call Guelph an appeal town. If you want to win, you have to do it on appeal.

But the cops have always been nice. Maybe they know, there's no need for intimidation, you will lose at trial.

Fight Your Ticket!
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

A bad place to speed alot get caught there at the end of #6 where it meets the 401 he sits watching people come onto it and off.

Such a cheap thing to do and has nothing to do with public safety there.

They know people are coming off the 401 going well over 100 and they need to slow down to 80 k in a few seconds, he sits there.

And on the way down they wait for you to go on the highway as u come down the hill picking up pace to get on the 401.

Always drive slow there. For fun what i do is put my high beams on to show i know whats up :lol:

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

tdrive2 wrote:A bad place to speed alot get caught there at the end of #6 where it meets the 401 he sits watching people come onto it and off.

Yes, I Totally Agree!

I live in Guelph, so I know when driving down Hanlon towards the 401 you gotta be careful. There are blitz all the time there, and especially in the summer time.

And same with coming onto Hanlon from the 401, there's always cops waiting to book you near Clair Rd. So yea I would recommend caution in that area too.

As for my tickets, I took my updated insurance card and fixed my lights, and showed it to the officer at the Guelph Police station, and got my tickets VOIDED!

So that's good news for me.

Post a Reply