Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Benzer6

Lesser Offence To Disobey Sign?

by: Benzer6 on

New to the board, and if this has already been answered I'm sorry to ask again, but...

Is there a common, non-pointed lesser offence to S182(2) Disobey Sign? I know it's minor to begin with, but on a guilty plea it would be good to suggest amend to a 0-point offence.

Thanks

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Maybe you can describe exactly where and what the sign was?

Disobey Sign is very generic charge, all the enforceable signs erected on the road are protected by it. ie: Speed Limit, HOV, Do Not Park, etc. Depending on what the sign read, and where you did it... there may be a lot of other 0-point charges to choose from.

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

Other than a by-law infraction, there is no HTA offence with no points that fits your scenario. In any event, it is highly doubtful that a prosecutor is going to agree to a By-Law infraction---its extremely extremely rare; and almost non-existent if you have any driving record. When such offers are made, its usually because they are quite iffy on whether they'd be able to get a conviction (e.g. they know a witness is very likely not to attend (i.e. moving abroad!), officer will be away long-term, bad evidence, etc.).

Post a Reply