what is the lesser charge??

hockeyangel
what is the lesser charge??

Unread post by hockeyangel on

I got a careless driving ticket and my court date is coming up. I have been researching it and cant really find one that makes sense in my case. So i was pulling out of a parking lot onto a road and i stopped at the stop sign. waited a second looked both ways and proceeded to make a left turn. I didnt see anyone on the streets at all. There are lots of parking lots around also. I had barely pulled out and all i felt was someone hitting me..she hit my rear end, passenger side and ended in front of me. I told the cop that I just didnt see anyone and I have no idea what the lady told him. He ended up giving me a careless driving ticket stating that he has to give a ticket and thats the only one that works in my case. I honestly didnt see anyone and think she may have come out of a parking lot as well but Im not sure. What is a lesser charge that i can plead as I dont have money for legal help and dont want the careless driving obviously. Other than this ticket I have one other minor speeding ticket and have been driving for 6 years and took driving school if that matters.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by Stanton on

If you were pulling out of a private parking lot and got hit, fail to yield from private drive would work. It's under section 139(1) and carries 3 demerit points.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Unread post by admin on

Who are the witnesses?

Careless driving charges can be dropped completely. I would hire a Paralegal for this one.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified on

Agree with admin. Careless driving is definitely something worth getting a paralegal for.

You could also get Left Turn - Not in Safety or Start from Stopped Position - Not in Safety as an alternative to Careless Driving.
* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca

hockeyangel
Unread post by hockeyangel on

there were no witnesses other than me and the other driver. I cannot afford a paralegal. I am a single mother and I can barely pay rent with my income. There is no way I can afford it, thus why I want to know the lesser charge

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by Stanton on

Speak with the Crown and see what they offer. As long as you consent, it can be plead to pretty much anything even remotely related.

Return to “Careless Driving”