Lesser Offence To Disobey Sign?

Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Benzer6

Lesser Offence To Disobey Sign?

Unread post by Benzer6 »

New to the board, and if this has already been answered I'm sorry to ask again, but...

Is there a common, non-pointed lesser offence to S182(2) Disobey Sign? I know it's minor to begin with, but on a guilty plea it would be good to suggest amend to a 0-point offence.

Thanks

iFly55

Posting Awards

Unread post by iFly55 »

Maybe you can describe exactly where and what the sign was?

Disobey Sign is very generic charge, all the enforceable signs erected on the road are protected by it. ie: Speed Limit, HOV, Do Not Park, etc. Depending on what the sign read, and where you did it... there may be a lot of other 0-point charges to choose from.

Benzer6

Unread post by Benzer6 »

I made a left turn into a Timmie's, didn't see the sign prohibiting the turn. I never went to that one before and not familiar with the area at all. Just pulled off the 401 needed a washroom :-(

highwaystar

Posting Awards

Unread post by highwaystar »

Other than a by-law infraction, there is no HTA offence with no points that fits your scenario. In any event, it is highly doubtful that a prosecutor is going to agree to a By-Law infraction---its extremely extremely rare; and almost non-existent if you have any driving record. When such offers are made, its usually because they are quite iffy on whether they'd be able to get a conviction (e.g. they know a witness is very likely not to attend (i.e. moving abroad!), officer will be away long-term, bad evidence, etc.).

Benzer6

Unread post by Benzer6 »

Ok thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. I will attend and see what sort of deal I can make. Still a few weeks away so if anyone has any creative ideas, I'm all ears!