Assistant

Will Tickets Show On Abstract??

by: Assistant on

My employer has a cube van RGW of 4000kgs for personal use.

His company used it and were pulled over by OPP and received 5 tickets.

My employer's name was on 3 of the tickets and the driver on 2.

Employer is concerned about the tickets in his name.

No Mudguards, Permit operation of vehicle fail to display device and no direction signals.

My question is, will these tickets show on my employer's driver's abstract and impact his insurance?

Please help!

Assistant

by: Assistant on

ynotp wrote:Were they written to the CVOR? If so they will appear on the CVOR abstract. As long as the vehicle completion sticker is greater than 4500 you will treated like a commercial vehicle.

We do not have a CVOR. The notice is checked in the commercial box though. The ownership has 4000 kgs.

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

No CVOR to record the charges to should result in this being treated as a standard vehicle owner ticket. If you can show you have remedied the issues that caused you to get ticketed usually they will drop most of the charges in exchange for one guilty plea. So if I were the boss I would apply for a CVOR, get the annual inspection done, and fix the signal lights. Just so you know that regardless of what your boss does, as the driver are responsible for performing and documenting an approved pretrip inspection and log book if you are going more than 100 km away from where you started.

The plate portion of the ownership can say 3000 or 45,000 it is only used to indicate the weight paid for road tax when you renew the plates. The empty weight on the ownership is for information purposes only. If the Completion Sticker attached to the inside of the drivers door frame says 4500 or more you will be treated like a commercial regardless of what the ownership says.

Post a Reply