A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Kelly1

Road Camera

by: Kelly1 on

Today I was driving towards the intersection Derry Rd. and Creditview Rd in Mississauga. When I enterend the intersection, the traffic light just turned from Green to Amber. It was little bit raining and I judged i can not stopped there. I was driving straight through on amber light then when I got on the other side i saw the camera flash. It happened when I almost crossed safely and complete the light turned red. in this situation my car was facing the camera and would of took a front plate pic. Would I get a ticket on amber light? I didn't pay attention to the other line if there was car there but there was no car behind me.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

The cameras only activate for red light offences, not amber. The cameras also take photos of your back plate, so if you were facing the camera it would have tripped for a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction.

Kelly1

by: Kelly1 on

Hello Stanton:

Thank you for the reply. In this case, the camera was triggered when the light turned to red.

If the light turned to red when my car over half of the road but still not arrived the other side yet, is this still triggering the camera? Or only when the car entered in the intersection the light was red to trigger the camera? I am still very confuse about how the camera was triggered. Hopefully it is not for me.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Kelly1 wrote:Hello Stanton:

Thank you for the reply. In this case, the camera was triggered when the light turned to red.

If the light turned to red when my car over half of the road but still not arrived the other side yet, is this still triggering the camera? Or only when the car entered in the intersection the light was red to trigger the camera? I am still very confuse about how the camera was triggered. Hopefully it is not for me.

If you are caught, the will send you a letter. The letter will usually have 3 pictures. The letter will say something like:

- The photograph shows the vehicle approaching the intersection, at which time the signal had been red for 1.34 seconds. (PICTURE OF VEHICLE BEHIND THE FIRST LINE WHILE LIGHT IS RED)

- and the vehicle proceeded through the intersection when the light had been red for 3.23 seconds. (PICTURE OF VEHICLE INSIDE THE INTERSECTION)

- (CLOSE UP PICTURE OF PLATE)

That's how it's done. If your vehicle was already in the intersection when the light turned red, it wont take the picture. This ticket holds no demerit points and doesn't go on your record since they don't know who is driving. The fine attaches to the owner of the plates. You can't renew with the balance attached to the plates. Insurance isn't going to know.

Post a Reply