jpkl

Need Help Fast :(

by: jpkl on

I have to go to court tomorow morning for driving with a suspended licence and wreckless driving which is a criminal offence. I had a court date set jan 26 my lawyer went on my behalf and obtain the legal documents and notes and set an appointment for me feb 17 to review my file. But after several attempts for contact non was ever made. it was through a third party I heard he was off on temporary leave and what lawer was taking on his cases. So I contacted the lawyer and he e-mailed me back late lastnight stating he could not take on my case. what can I do now ???

I have never been In a situation like this and have no clue on what steps to take and or what the whole proccess is. I will be making a lager post explaing the whole story of what happened on a later day as it will be a great story to share and for others to learn from.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

jpkl wrote:I have to go to court tomorow morning for driving with a suspended licence and wreckless driving which is a criminal offence. .

There is no such thing as reckless driving in Ontario.

Is this "careless driving" (HTA) or "Dangerous Driving" (criminal code) ???

FYI...This forum does not deal with any criminal incidents

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
jpkl

by: jpkl on

Sorry It was dangerous however I did also get a ticket for driving under suspension which this forum does cover. I went to court myself and spoke with duty council and I was able to remand my case 2 weeks to reobtain legal council.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

HTA infractions are merged into the Criminal Court for the same incident, therefore this thread is being moved into the criminal area, and being locked

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca