A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

Watchme

Need Help Fast!

by: Watchme on

Hey guys

So i was driving behind a Van, the signal was green and as soon as it turned yellow, the van hit the breaks Hard. I tried stopping/hand braking nothing seemed to work, it was raining, thus i rear ended his van. There was no damage, unluckily the cop was in the area and handed me a Motor Vehicle Accident Report. He didn't indicate who's fault it was, and didn't issue either of us a ticket. So my question is what does Motor Vehicle Accident Report affect? Insurance company? driving licence? etc..

Thanks alot.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Even if the police dont lay charges, insurance companies have their own fault determination rules for accidents. In your example when you strike someone from behind, regardless of circumstances, youre 100% at fault. If no charges were laid, there wont be any record of the accident on your licence, but you will have an at fault finding on your insurance record. It could impact your insurance rates upon renewal depending on your policy and record.

Watchme

by: Watchme on

I really think it all about certain circumstances for example on a highway i can go infront of the truck and press brakes, knowing that trucks stop really slow and he could hit me and it wouldn't be my fault.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”