Red Light Camera Offence. Mistake With Photo

borisyeltsin

Red Light Camera Offence. Mistake With Photo

Unread post by borisyeltsin »

I have a court date in Jan to fight a red light camera ticket where clearly they got the wrong vehicle. The photo shows me in lane 3 stopped .4 seconds after the light turns red and I am still stopped 1.8 secs after it turned red. The chap in lane 2 is the one that blows through the light yet I am the one going to court.

My question is this: There has clearly been an error made by the certifying officer and my only recourse is to go to court and fight this. I happen to live about 110km from the courthouse and will have to take a day off of work to attend. Is there any way I can ask the court for compensation for fuel and lost wages in a case where clearly I have done nothing wrong??

Thanks,

Boris

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

why don't you call the court and talk to someone? might even be but thru to the certifying officer if that person works in the building

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
borisyeltsin

Unread post by borisyeltsin »

I have tried calling but humans don't answer the phones. It is an automated system which simply says they are not taking calls and then disconnects.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

I've never heard of someone getting compensated for attending court to answer a charge against them just because it wasn't successful. I don't think that is in the power of the Justice of the Peace to grant even if they wanted to.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.