oZone

3 Part Whammy

by: oZone on

Short and simple, going the usual 115-120 in the first lane 2:30am and an unmarked SUV tailgating heavily with the lights blinding me from every mirror....

so i sped up to get around traffic in the 2nd lane to let him pass cause i obviously thought nothing of it, i hit not even 135, pass and as soon as i do

i get pulled over...talk about a trap...first thing he says i was doing "148ish"...pfft....i was watching my '98 sts dash and i'm sitting low i can obviously see huge digital numbers

i do have a g1 license..and cops being cops these days(lesser iq than the rest) most never realize..actually none have

well this time appears a cop was actually working! surprise!

he was fairly generous giving me

- 140 reduced from "148ish"

- g1 unaccompanied by a qualified driver

- failure to surrender insurance card

out of a possible 6-7 he mentioned

i cant obviously fight the second ticket, so i am going to plead guilty

got the insurance at home, if i bring it in with me will they scrap the ticket?

and the speeding ticket can i fight that? i sure want to

it is my first speeding offense, the possibility of this being dropped to a 15 over?

i feel like i got heavily bent over n trapped into this one

id be much obliged for any help

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Of course you can fight the speeding ticket, but I wouldn't expect much of a break from the prosecutor considering the circumstances of your case and the breaks you already got for the reduction and not being charged with the other tickets. For those reasons I would not be surprised if they didn't drop the insurance ticket either.

Also be aware that the speeding ticket can be amended up to the maximum speed that the officer observed you at if you fight it.

Finally, if you admit speeding but dispute the amount (I.e. I was going 135 but not 148) don't expect that argument to do much for you in court. If you admit any quantum of speed over the limit JP's will usually go with the officer for the exact measurement.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
viper1

by: viper1 on

oZone wrote:Short and simple, going the usual 115-120 in the first lane 2:30am and an unmarked SUV tailgating heavily with the lights blinding me from every mirror....

so i sped up to get around traffic in the 2nd lane to let him pass cause i obviously thought nothing of it, i hit not even 135, pass and as soon as i do

i get pulled over...talk about a trap...first thing he says i was doing "148ish"...pfft....i was watching my '98 sts dash and i'm sitting low i can obviously see huge digital numbers

i do have a g1 license..and cops being cops these days(lesser iq than the rest) most never realize..actually none have

well this time appears a cop was actually working! surprise!

he was fairly generous giving me

- 140 reduced from "148ish"

- g1 unaccompanied by a qualified driver

- failure to surrender insurance card

out of a possible 6-7 he mentioned

i cant obviously fight the second ticket, so i am going to plead guilty

got the insurance at home, if i bring it in with me will they scrap the ticket?

and the speeding ticket can i fight that? i sure want to

it is my first speeding offense, the possibility of this being dropped to a 15 over?

i feel like i got heavily bent over n trapped into this one

id be much obliged for any help

for future reference "if you feel threatened" you could turn on your cell phone and call 911, they might tell you to get out of the way of the aggressive driver.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply