Part III Summon - No Validation. HELP.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

heather23
Part III Summon - No Validation. HELP.

Unread post by heather23 on

Long story short.

Dec 11 sticker. Problem? Yes. I've gotten 3 tickets since it expired, all of which I've paid on time. Today - I get pulled over downtown Toronto by 2 cop cars. Everyone's staring at me. Worst time of my life.

He tells me he's giving me a summon because I've failed to fix the problem.

Do I think I deserve this? Yes. I'm a good, law-abiding person...but I've had troubles in the past year, yadda yadda yadda.

Basically - I have $1500 worth of fines to pay off (red light ticket & 407)

I am paying it off and getting a VALID sticker before my Aug 30th court date.

Why I'm posting:

What can happen to me conviction wise? I've NEVER been summoned to court, only ever had to go as a witness. I'm scared as *EDIT*. I'm an honest person and this type of environment just isn't for me.

What is a typical scenario of what will happen? If I show that I've solved the problem - will they be easier on me?

Demerit points? Suspensions? Fines? Not sure how this all works.

Do I get a lawyer? or is that crazy talk? Seriously thinking of getting a family member to go in for me as I'd be shitting myself profusely :)

Thanks for all your input. Please no judging on my Dec 11 sticker. Everoyne has their own *EDIT*. Just looking for some honest help.

swontleo
Unread post by swontleo on

If you fix it, it will likely assist you when addressed by the JP. Points will not be added as they are an MTO thing not a court matter.
The biggest this is since there is no set fine on the pt 3 it is the JPs discretion.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys on

It's true that there is no set fine on a Pt 3, but that doesn't mean the potential fine has no upper limit. s. 61 of the POA says that where there is no set fine the max is $5,000. I realize this may be of little comfort...

http://www.boryslaw.ca
NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.

Return to “General Talk”