Traffic ticket for Prohibited turns? Learn the Highway Traffic Act here.
hwybear

Posting Awards

Turn At Prohibited Hour

by: hwybear on

Adi909 - your post was deleted from bottom of a 2 yr old thread....this thread is created for your incident, please use only this thread for this particular incident

HB

HTA Moderator

Adi909 wrote:
ticketcombat wrote:I know this thread is old but I was browsing through and couldn't help putting my two cents in.

Regarding the time of day being close to when you are/not allowed to turn, you can mount a strict liability defence stating you believed the time still permitted you to make the turn. You are morally innocent, especially if we are talking about only a few minutes.

For tmtu's charge (since your court date is still pending next year), most restricted turns in Toronto are not valid as the sign has to be bilingual. If the sign restricts a specific time of day than you can easily have the ticket tossed. Discussion board rules prevent me from linking to my own site but step by step instructions to make the argument can be found in "Step 5". Click the "bilingual defence" link on the right navigation bar.

I went to court today using the bilingual defence, and the Prosecutor asked that she go to her office during trial, to find a more recent case regarding my defence. She pulled up the case of R. V Myers which was appealed and the City won. The appeal took place on January 4th 2005.

I just came back from the court. Lost the case. My infraction was making a right turn between the hours that the sign said I shouldnt have. Do you have any suggestions?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply