A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

eric1

Help With Handicap Parking Ticket

by: eric1 on

I have a valid handicap parking permit but 1 number was obstructed from the permit,which was attached to my sunvisor it was showing Fev 201 instead of Fev 2010

On the ticket he wrote obstruct permit but I was given a $300 ticket for parking in a designated handicapped space

Can I dispute this ticket

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Yeah! Should be obvious that 201X is "Not Expired" without the doubt!

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

Be careful how you present this. Regulation 581 states

7. (1)...a disabled person parking permit shall be displayed on the sun visor or on the dashboard of a vehicle so that the international symbol of access for persons with a disability, the permit number and the expiry date of the permit are clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle.

You are technically guilty because the expiry date was not clearly visible. If you go to court and say "Yes the last number was not visible [you've just admitted guilt, game over] but [insert excuse which doesn't matter anymore] the permit is valid, blah blah blah..." You are throwing yourself on the mercy of the court not to convict you.

Measure your words carefully. Better still, approach the prosecutor before the trial, show the permit and ask that he drop the charge rather than taking up the court's time.

Fight Your Ticket!
Post a Reply